Pacific Edge is not a safe place for small children. This is not a Playground. Primarily we are a climbing gym oriented towards people over the age of 11, with some exceptions. Taking children into the climbing areas is dangerous and can cause a hazardous situation for both the child and other climbers. If you bring children to Pacific Edge, please be extremely careful, and observe the following rules.
- How old do kids have to be to climb at Pacific Edge? 6 years old is the minimum age. The bouldering area can be a dangerous place for small children. We encourage parents to go into the bouldering area and spot their child if they are under the age of 10.
- Children 6 years old must be in immediate contact (arm's reach) with their parent or an adult supervisor at all times, even while attending a class at Pacific Edge. Pacific Edge requires one-on-one adult supervision for every 6 year old. Between ages 7 and 9 the adult ratio needs to be one adult for every two children.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted in the climbing areas (on the mats). If you are bringing your child to a class or Birthday Party at Pacific Edge, please consider not bringing younger siblings as this often creates problems.
- Parents are required to stay at Pacific Edge while their child is climbing, if the child is 8 years old or younger.
- Children under the age of 11 are not permitted to climb at Pacific Edge after 7 PM (Members excepted). This is prime time for adults.