We are often looking for qualified individuals to join our team. If you feel you have what it takes, feel free to contact us at (831) 454-9254 or come by the gym and drop off a resume at the front desk.
Current Openings: We are currently hiring for a full-time Youth Programs Coordinator. Please inquire ASAP by calling in or stopping by in person.
Youth Program Coordinator
Summary: Pacific Edge is now recruiting for a full-time Youth Program Coordinator and Climbing Coach/Instructor. The position will be under the direction and supervision of the Pacific Edge Management Team is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Youth Program and Team Edge Climbing Team. Our philosophy is to instill self-reliance and develop confidence within our students while building strength, endurance and a passion for climbing. Candidates must love to teach and coach kids of all levels, be motivational, resourceful and full of energy while also being part of a dynamic staff serving our climbing community!
· Develop and implement curriculum for all Youth Programs
· Coordinate our after school classes, summer camps and kid’s belayer program
· Hire, train, schedule and evaluate instructors and belayers for all youth programs
· Travel to and coach at climbing competitions
· Climbing specific teaching and coaching experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong long range planning and organizational skills
· Experience in competitive climbing and training
· A working knowledge of USA Climbing competition structure
· Actively climbing V5 and 5.12 on top rope and lead
· Experience developing and supervising staff members
· Experience with Mindbody, Rock Gym Pro or other retail Point of Sales programs
· Experience in the climbing industry
Company Description: Established in 1993, Pacific Edge Climbing Gym & Fitness Center is a small business dedicated to providing a positive climbing community and work environment in Santa Cruz, California. Our facility includes: 11,000 sq. ft. of Top Rope and Lead climbing on walls as tall as 50 feet, 3,000 sq. ft. of Bouldering Terrane, a full Weight Room and Cardio Center, Yoga Studio and a Climbing Class Room and System Wall.
Compensation: Dependent upon experience. Benefits include reduced or free membership, health insurance stipend, discounts on climbing gear and the opportunity to work with a group of passionate climbers.
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com ASAP. Also, please feel free to contact us with any questions or to request a full job description.